Below, we'll summarize what an end-to-end TIQ Software integration typically looks like. This includes Single Sign-on (SSO) between the two systems, followed by ways in which systems can communicate.
TIQ Software integrates with most modern Learning Management Systems (LMS), along with whatever mechanisms they use for their Identity Provider (IdP). Users should not have to log in again when they reach their learning module and results need to be linked to a their user account in your system. As a result, we can tie our user systems together.
Our standard of choice is SAML. Check out our sample SAML integration for a full example.
TIQ Software uses Okta for SSO. Any systems or SSO methods compatible with Okta are compatible with TIQ Software. Visit the Okta website for more information.
- A course is generally initiated from your LMS. A user clicks on a link that we provide you that you can associate with a new course in your LMS.
- The first time a user a visits their TIQ Software module, a matching user will be created in our system and forever be linked to that user in your LMS.
- This allows reporting from our dashboard(s) to be linked to the right users, in addition to being useful in querying our API for data related to that user.
- A Trajectory module can also make calls to an external API/web hook through a user's completion of a module.
Calls to External API / Web Hooks
- A TIQ Software module obtains an OAuth token using custom end point (your API) and secret key* provided by you (*optional)
- OAuth token from above (or provided secret key) used to call custom end point (your API)
- Calls can be made when:
- user starts a course
- user completes a course
- user enters a scene
- user starts a task
- user completes a task
- user is awarded a badge
- Our system can be configured to send a custom message to your API after any of the above events, using any of the following user data for field values:
- last user activity (date/time)
- date/time user started the course (int - milliseconds since January 1, 1970)
- score (int)
- percentage complete (float - value between 0 and 1)
- total awards in the course (int)
- awards unlocked (int)
- total tasks in the course (int)
- tasks completed (int)
- The current date/time can be sent along with any message, if required.
TIQ Software API
The TIQ Software API can also be used to check user status at any time, as long as the user has started a course. Results for all courses that the user has started will be returned. For a detailed explanation, please visit:
TIQ Software Dashboard
The TIQ Dashboard allows a company administrator to see several things about the company's employees in the system and download detailed reports of their usage. For more information, visit: